1. Read: Discussion Background
Confidential or sensitive information should only be communicated or accessed on a need-to-know basis. According to the minimum necessary rule, you should only access the amount of information needed to perform your job.
Watch the HIPAA Violations Video to answer this week’s discussion prompts. (Video Transcript).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- In the video, you saw several HIPAA violations. Explain what you would do to reduce these types of violations.
- Have you ever been walking through the hospital and overheard staff talking about patients? If so, what did you do? If not, what would you do if you witnessed a staff member breaching a patient’s confidentiality?
- Choose one of the violations from the video and describe what corrective action should be implemented.