5-2 Discussion: Survey Question ConstructionYou will choose one of the surveys and analyze the construction and validity of one of the survey items/questions and its associated answer options. Do not answer the survey questions; rather you will analyze one item/question on one of the surveys. For your initial post, review the following two surveys covering social justice and career considerations:
- Survey: Social Justice in the United States
- Survey: Careers
Choose one of the surveys to analyze in the discussion. Include the title of the survey you select in the title of your post. Answer the following questions about the survey you chose. Note: Unlike for the other discussions in this course, you must start a thread or complete your initial post to read and reply to your peers’ posts.
- What one item/question you would change to improve the survey? Describe how the item/question is currently written and how it would be written if you changed it.
- Explain why you would change this item/question based on what you have learned in the course about creating a good survey. Use key terminology and concepts from your reading to explain your rationale for the improvements. Cite and reference your sources.
- Think about the one item/question you selected to revise. What is the scale of measurement for this item/question (categorical, ordinal, interval, ratio) as it was originally written? What do you notice about the item/question that leads you to believe it is categorical, ordinal, interval, or ratio? Use sources to support your reasoning.
- Will your revision to the item/question change the level of measurement? Explain how the level of measurement would be the same or different with your revision. Use sources to support your reasoning.
- How does appropriate survey construction relate to the programmatic theme of ethics?
Once you have completed your initial post, respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Respond to at least one initial post that analyzed a different survey than you did. Consider advancing the discussion in the following ways:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Engage in conversation with your peers around survey question construction.
To complete this assignment, review the Psychology Undergraduate Discussion Rubric. You will also need:
- Programmatic Themes
- Norms of Practice for Online Discussion
- Ethical Usage Practices