Many health care leaders struggle with identifying the advantages and/or
disadvantages when adopting a new or improving a current health
information system. Many organizations are opting out of acquiring a new
health information system due to the high monetary cost. Meanwhile,
other health care organizations face resistance from employees and other
stakeholders over system implementation . Overall, system acquisition
is a challenge for most health care leaders.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review each of the following articles :
- Managing the data explosion
- Catholic health partners to acquire Kaiser Permanente Ohio
- Mergers and acquisitions may be hazardous to health IT
In your discussion post, refer to these articles as you answer the following questions:
- Discuss at least three of the barriers faced by health
care leaders in adopting health information systems. Can these barriers
be prevented? Explain your answer.
- Discuss some options that are available for health information system acquisition.
- Discuss systems of checks and balances could be used to eliminate or reduce resistance.
- Discuss how culture and/or behavioral factors influence acquisition.