After reading and reflecting on Module 17, Classroom Management in the EdPsych textbook, create a 1,000–1,500-word Best Practices Handbook on learning environment management that incorporates the three main learning theories.
In your Handbook, address the following:
- The learning audience and context—who are your learners, and why are they there? What elements of learner diversity should your colleagues be aware of as they design the learning environment and instruction? How can your colleagues tap into prior knowledge and experience for these learners? (Constructivism)
- Establishing rules and procedures to manage appropriate, inappropriate, and disruptive learning environment behaviors. (Behaviorism)
- Learning environment arrangement—how can educators increase learner engagement and motivation?
- What information processing strategies can be used to help learners retain learning? (Cognitivism)
- Building relationships—provide educator strategies for building positive working relationships among learners.
- How would you recommend integrating technology in this learning environment with this learner audience?
- What strategies should your colleagues use in evaluating their success in the learning environment?