Research and develop a pedigree chart and develop an analysis of the inheritance pattern. After you complete your initial post, respond to your classmates. Follow the discussion prompts to complete this Discussion Board assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Research some human traits that follow the simple dominant/recessive pattern as in Mendelian controlled traits. Use your findings to discover and analyze the inheritance patterns within your family.
- Some examples that follow this pattern:
- Widow’s Peak
- Hitchhiker’s thumb
- Attached Earlobes
- Cleft chin
- Tongue Rolling
- X-linked disorders (Color Blindness, hemophilia)
- Dominant/Recessive Genetic Disorders
Keep in mind that many other human traits are polygenic and will not present accurately in a pedigree. (i.e.hair color, eye color, skin tone, height)
Option: If you do not want to research your own family, or are unable to, other options include researching a friend’s family or even a celebrity family and documenting their inherited traits into a pedigree.
- Using the information that you gathered, develop a pedigree following a specific trait through 2-3 generations.
- You may utilize draw.io (Links to an external site.) as a resource to develop your pedigree. The pedigree chart can also be built using the following formats:
- Regardless of the format you use, the pedigree chart must be visible within the discussion, as shown in the example above. This will require you to upload it as a JPG or PNG using the tool bar when you write your analysis.
- Include an analysis of your pedigree:
- Describe the relationships you found within the pedigree chart. Is this the relationship you expected to find? Explain.
- Identify any anomalies (if they exist) you discovered that did not follow the traditional dominant/recessive trait outcomes. Explain/hypothesize as to why these anomalies have occurred.