Step 1: Demographics and Technology Outline
You have become a trusted resource for Microsoft, and they have asked for your advice on gaining a competitive advantage in the field. More specifically, they would like your analysis and recommendations on ways to bring their company culture, demographics, and technologies up to current industry practices and beyond.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review the demographic and technological information about Microsoft. If the information is not public, base your decisions on a similar company and research. This information will assist you as you complete your Organizational Presentation in Step 2 of this assessment.
Outline the following information:
- What are the current demographics (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, etc.)?
- What was a recent change?
- How did the company handle it?
- Was the change handled ethically? If not, how should they have handled it? If it was, what stands out as something to emulate in your future business endeavors?
- How does the company utilize technology in day-to-day business?
- What types of technology are used?
- How does a change of technology affect the organization?
Cite all sources.
Step 2: Organization Presentation
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation showing your analysis and recommendations. Complete the following in your presentation:
- Analyze the organization’s current culture (e.g., beliefs, expectations, values, and norms). Address how managers influence the organizational culture.
- Evaluate the impact of demographic forces (e.g., age, ethnic origin, race, social class, gender, and sexual orientation) of your selected organization and what it could be. Note: This is a good place to use your outline from Step 1.
- Examine the impact of technological forces (e.g., changes in the technology managers use to design, produce, or distribute goods and services) of your selected company. Consider how this can contribute to innovation within the industry.
- Examine how the organization has complied with ethics and social responsibility behavior.
- Recommend ways to innovate based on analysis.