Classical management theories and practices formed the foundation for current management thought, practices, and theories. Modern management thought moved from classical concepts to organizations as communities where workers were valued and considered as assets rather than merely factors of production. As a result of this shift, worker needs became highly valued, and the human relations and motivational perspectives rose to prominence. Modern management; however, addresses talent management in the economy of a global integrated enterprise. In this assignment, you will discuss the transition from classical management theory and thought to a global integrated enterprise management and talent management paradigm and the resulting potential influences on business practice.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Locate and download “Management Theory Comparison.”
- This assignment uses a matrix template and a rubric. Please review the matrix and rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expected content and expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Complete Part 1 by providing the information requested under each of the headings in the matrix.
Complete Part 2 by writing a paper (750-1,000 words) in which you discuss the transition from classical management thought and theory to a global integrated enterprise management and talent paradigm and the resulting potential influences on business practices. Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of the category of classical management theories and thought. Which of these theories worked well? Which did not work well?
- A discussion of the paradigm shift to a global integrated enterprise management and talent management paradigm. How did this paradigm shift move business thought to where it is today? What triggered the shift?