In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Analyze internal and external business environments.
- Recommend short-term and long-term strategic focuses.
- Communicate strategy to a variety of audiences.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have been appointed the director of strategic planning for the Fortune Global 500 company you selected in Module One.
The vice president of strategy and operations (VP) has confided in you that strategic planning has been a challenge for the company over the past year; specifically, crafting new strategies and aligning them to the company’s mission and goals. You have now been tasked with creating a new strategic planning proposal to help the company explore at least one new growth opportunity to increase its revenue or market share in the industry.
Your proposal should present a detailed analysis of the company’s internal and external environments as well as specific actions the company can take over the next five years to achieve the targeted growth. Your proposal will be presented to various stakeholders at different levels in the organization, so you will need to adapt parts of your proposal to suit different needs. Additionally, you will need to send a shorter executive summary of your proposal to the leadership team.
Strategic Planning ProposalComplete an analysis of your company and organize this information into a presentation. Compile all slides from your milestone assignments to create a final presentation for your stakeholders. Use resources such as the company website, which will have pertinent information including its sustainability report, and other relevant sources to help complete this presentation. Be sure to address any feedback you have received on your milestone assignments.
Part 1: PresentationYour final presentation should include the following elements:
- Perform an internal environment analysis of your company to understand the company’s current business environment and future goals. Present the results of your analysis.
- Perform an external environment analysis of your company to identify the company’s competitive environment and find an opportunity the company can utilize to grow its revenue or market share in the industry. Present the results of your analysis.
- Conduct a buy-build-ally analysis for your company and recommend actions your company can take to realize your identified opportunity within five years.
(Note: Use both on-screen text and speaker notes to convey your information effectively. For example, you can use brief bulleted lists summarizing the highlights of your analysis on the slide and include more detailed explanations where needed in your speaker notes.)
Part 2: Executive SummaryCreate an executive summary of your strategic planning proposal. Remember to consider the audience and purpose of this report when drafting your summary.
- Purpose: Briefly explain the purpose of the proposal.
- Current business environment: Describe the internal and external business environments of the company.
- Recommendations: Recommend actions, such as buy, build, and ally, that the company should take to utilize the identified opportunity and explain the reasons for your recommendations.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Stakeholder PresentationSubmit a PowerPoint presentation with 18–20 slides. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
Executive SummarySubmit a 2-page Word document with 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.