Global Health Goals and Health DisparitiesInstructions
Baccalaureate education provides learning of globalization, diversity, and sensitivity to vulnerable populations’ healthcare (AACN, 2008).
This activity is designed for you to examine global health goals and health disparities among vulnerable groups. Start by selecting one Sustainable Developmental Goals (SDGs) from the World Health Organization (WHO). After choosing one of the SDGs, explore a specific outcome measurement (indicator) for a country of your choosing, from the list below, to determine the progress towards achieving the SDG. In addition, you will explore nursing roles that would be helpful in achieving the SDG.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
South Africa or Kenya is my country of choice
Also, you will explore health disparities among vulnerable population groups. The term “health disparities” describes the phenomenon of different health outcomes of varied vulnerable groups of citizens. Access the Virtual Library and search in the CINAHL full text database the term “health disparity.” Choose at least two articles that describe health disparities of a particular vulnerable population or group of people (gender or sexuality identity-based groups, children, elderly, disabled, ethnic, or cultural minority).
Reading & Resources
- Black, B. (2020). Professional nursing e-book (9th ed.).
- Access the World Health Organization web site. Locate and read about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- Schenk, E., Potter, T., Cook, C. , Huffling, K. & Rosa, W. (2021). Nurses promoting inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable cities and communities: Taking action on COVID-19, systemic racism, and climate change. AJN, American Journal of Nursing, 121(7), 66-69. doi: 10.1097/01.NAJ.0000758540.26343.2e.
After choosing a country, visit the WHO website and choose the Countries tab. Access your specific country to examine. Choose the Country Profile tab and News and Features tab to explore.
- World Life Expectancy
- Chapter 1, 6, and 12 in Black, B. (2020). Professional nursing e-book (9th ed.).
- Apostolidi, Theodora-Paisia,B.ScN., M.Sc, Apostolidi, Nikoletta,B.ScN., M.Sc, & Malliarou, Maria, BScN,M.Sc, PhD. (2022). How nurses perceive care and their relationship with their compassion: A literature review. International Journal of Caring Sciences, 15(1), 702-710. http://americansentinel.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://www.proquest.com/scholarly-journals/how-nurses-perceive-care-their-relationship-with/docview/2670468919/se-2
- Final Project: Healthy People 2030 Objectives
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
Submission Options for Delivery of Activity
*Choose one option
PaperNote: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.
- 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.