Post a critique of the research study in which you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Evaluate the authors’ use of literature using the Use of Literature Checklist as a guide
- Evaluate the research problem using the Problem Statement Checklist as a guide
- Explain what it means for a research study to be justified and grounded in the literature; then, explain what it means for a problem to be original using the Litmus Test as a guide (LITMUS IS ATTACHED)
Wilhelmy, A., Kleinmann, M., König, C. J., Melchers, K. G., & Truxillo, D. M. (2016). How and why do interviewers try to make impressions on applicants? A qualitative study. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101(3), 313-332. doi:10.1037/apl0000046
Link to ARTICLE: http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/features/apl-apl0…
PROBLEM STATEMENT CHECKLIST Use the following criteria to evaluate an author’s problem statement:
• Is a problem identified that leads to the need for this study?
• Is a rationale or justification for the problem clearly stated?
• Is the problem framed in a way that is consistent with the research approach?
• Does the statement convey how the study will address the problem?
• Are the citations to literature current (i.e., within the past 5 years with the
exception of seminal works)?
Use the following criteria to evaluate an author’s use of literature.
• Look for indications of the following ways the author used literature:
• Introduce a problem
• Introduce a theory
• Provide direction to the research questions and/or hypotheses
• Compare results with existing literature or predictions
• Did the author mention the problem addressed by the study?
• Is the purpose of the study stated?
• Are key variables in the study defined?
• Is information about the sample, population, or participants provided?
• Are the key results of the study summarized?
• Does the author provide a critique of the literature?
• Are sources cited to support points?
• Are the citations to recent literature (within the past 5 years with the exception
of seminal works)?
• Does the literature justify the importance of the topic studied?