In the early 1990s, the Smithsonian Institution created two controversial exhibits:
- Slavery in New York: A Landmark Exhibition (https://www.nyhistory.org/exhibitions/slavery-new-york)address the following in a 1,500-1,750 word paper:
- Briefly explain the exhibit from conception to final product.
- What were the controversies surrounding this exhibit and who were the people involved?
- Why did history and memory clash in this exhibit? Consider the subject matter, period, type of institution, presentation style, exhibit creators/consultants, etc.
- One of the jobs of a public historian is to bridge the gap between academic work and public audiences. How would you be able to present this perspective in a way that would make the exhibit less controversial?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the Turabian Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now