Orville’s Home Appliances has been operating in Western New York since 1965. Orville’s is a family-owned and operated business that has grown from a small single store operation to the largest independent major home appliance dealer in Western New York State. Orville’s has successfully evolved over the years by conducting periodic evaluations of their strengths and weaknesses. This is always a difficult process; however, Orville’s market position has improved as a consequence of this type of self-analysis. Prior to their present advertising and promotion strategy, Orville’s Home Appliances had identified their strengths and weaknesses as follows:
- Name recognition
- Products at every price point
- Widest selection of brands
- Dedication to service
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Smaller footprint in the marketplace than competitors
- Outdated retail store environment
- Not attracting younger customers
- Marketing in need of a contemporary look
After Orville’s self-analysis, they employed the services of The Martin Group, a marketing communications consulting group, who conducted a brand research and marketing evolution study for Orville’s Home Appliances.
Video Case Study Questions:
- What did the Martin Group research find out about Orville’s Home Appliances brand position?
- What action did the Martin Group recommend with regard to Orville’s Home Appliances brand position and evolution?
- What promotional actions did Orville’s Home Appliances take to increase their strength in the marketplace? List them.