For this assignment, you will delve deeper to explore a social problem that really interests you. This can be the social problem you identified in assignment 1 or you can choose something new.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment, you will put together a presentation of 8 slides minimum. You may use a presentation program of your choice such as PowerPoint or any of these which offer free use: Prezi, Powtoon, Adobe Spark, Google Slides, Canva, Visme, Libre Office, Slidedog, Haiku Deck. Please attach, embed, or provide a link to your presentation to submit it for grading.
Your Presentation must do the following:
My name Casandra Grant
1. Include a title slide, with your title, your name, class, and a visual that represents your topic choice. [1 slide]
2. Select a social problem of your choice, explain why it is a problem, and define the scope of this social problem (is it local, national, international, etc) [1 slide]
3. Explore the history of your social problem. Think about it has changed over time and what major milestones have impacted the problem. For example, if you are exploring racism, you will want to note major Civil Rights legislation, etc. What happen in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and today? [at least 2 slides]
3. Next, analyze two major ways that the social problem chose currently impacts different groups of individuals. For example, if you are looking at drug use, you might analyze the impact of drug use on families and workplaces. It would be a great idea to include a statistics chart here to support your points. [at least 2 slides]
4. Define one sociological theory from our readings/materials that relates to your chosen social problem and analyze how this theory helps us better understand the social problem you are discussing. Sociological theories include functionalism, conflict theory, feminist theory, symbolic interactionism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials. [at least 1 slide]
5. Include full references in APA formatting. [at least 1 slide].
Do not use unverifiable, secondary sites such as Wikipedia, about.com, ask.com, and similar. Use our course materials, peer-reviewed journal articles from the library, and other scholarly sources.
Your presentation should utilize sound critical thought and it should include appropriate APA in-text citations and full APA references at the end.
- Use APA format for citations and references, although this is a powerpoint presentation, in-text citations should still be utilized similarly to a paper.
- Include only bullet points in your presentation. You should not have massive paragraphs on your slides.
- View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
- Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
- This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is grades, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.