Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Specifically download and review the Week 2 Worksheet, which you will use and complete all four parts for this Assignment.
- Review the Opening the Session: Nonverbal Microskills media program. Notice how each of three Faculty demonstrate a self-introduction to a client and present informed consent.
- Complete the Week 2 Worksheet. Compose your answers directly in the worksheet template.
Ivey, A. E., Ivey, M. B., & Zalaquett, C. P. (2016). Essentials of intentional Interviewing: Counseling in a multicultural world (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, ”Introduction: Foundations of Interviewing and Counseling” (pp. 2–19)
- Chapter 3, “Attending, Empathy & Observation Skills” (pp. 50–74)
Spadaro, N., Rush-Wilson, T., & Thornton, R.W. (2017). A counseling skills primer: 3-minute videos for the visual learner [ebook]. Grays Lake, IL: Pensiero Press.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction”
- Chapter 2, “Microskills & Mesoskills”
- Chapter 3, “The Nonverbal Microskills”
- Chapter 6, “The Mesoskills—The Tasks of Counseling”
- “Greeting the Client”
- “Orienting the New Client to Counseling”
- “Opening a Session”
Document: Week 2 Worksheet: Attending, Encouragers, and Documentation, and Reflective Journal on Receiving Feedback (Word document)