Please complete the following assignments in the exact order listed.You will be asked to put together a series of written communication that engages positive messaging for a variety of audiences. You
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.essayjunction.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please complete the following assignments in the exact order listed.
You will be asked to put together a series of written communication that engages positive messaging for a variety of audiences. You will write a(n)
- Memo that reflects the “You-Attitude”
- Email to a potential client or customer
- Memo announcing the elimination of a position
- Identify and analyze three professional sources related to your career
1. Revise a Formal Memo
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
FORMAL MEMO: Revise a formal memo to improve the “You-Attitude.” See Unit 2, Module 6, p. 99
Imagine you are a manager in an office building undergoing some renovations. A member of your staff writes the following memo:
Subject: Status of Building Renovations
We are happy to announce that the renovation of the lobby is not behind schedule. By Monday, October 9, we should be ready to open the west end of the lobby to limited traffic. The final phase of the renovation will be placing a new marble floor in front of the elevators. This work will not be finished until the end of the month. Please exercise caution when moving through the construction area. The floor will be uneven and steps will be at unusual heights. Watch your step to avoid accidental tripping or falling. Failure to pay attention can result in injury or worse, so don’t walk and text or read your phone while moving in this area.
While not a poorly written memo, grammatically speaking, there are many ways this memo can be revised to reflect principles discussed in LO 6.1 – LO 6.5. See, too, the sample letter on p. 95 as it also lacks the “You-Attitude.” Note: Do
just add words. Revise what is here for the “You-Attitude.”
Here are some examples of sentences revised for the You Attitude:
: I have worked hard to get you the best contract possible. Or: You’ll be happy to learn that we’re ready to offer you the best contract possible.
: Writer, not reader, oriented writing: the writer is concerned about himself, how hard he worked or how happy he is, rather than what the reader receives (benefits)
: Under the new contract you’ll receive dental insurance.
: You need to send us your overdue balance of $550, or we’ll probably take you to court.
: Selfish and divisive pronouns us/we and you creates a personal conflict between the writer and reader.
: Please pay the overdue balance of $550 to avoid possible legal actions. If you need help making this payment, please contact our credit department for assistance at 999-999-9999.
: I have requested that your order is sent out today.
Where are the reader benefits to this message? What should the reader expect?
: You will receive your order by Wednesday.
2. Write a Formal Email
USING READER BENEFITS: Write an Email to a Potential Customer. See Unit 2, Module 8, Activity 8.10, p. 121
Imagine you are now working as a manager or owner of a business in your field. You have been given a lead to a person who may be interested in contracting your company or hiring your services. For example, if you are a health care, you want that person to visit your office to encourage the person to use your facility. If you are in sports management, you want that person to employ your services. If you in Homeland Security, you want that person to hire your company to strengthen his or her company’s security apparatus. Be creative, but realistic. In your email to the individual, be sure to
anticipate and address
feelings, fears, or needs that may have motivated him or her to reach out to your office/company/institution.
Be sure to identify the features you offer and how those could benefit him or her
. Reference all of Module 8 and in particular, see the examples in LO 8-3.
Ensure your email is:
- Reader Benefits-Focused
- Adapted to the Audience
- Based on Intrinsic advantages
- Supported by clear logic and explained in adequate detail
- Phrased with the You-Attitude
3. Write a Formal Memo
NEGATIVE MESSAGING: Announcing the Elimination of a Position. See Unit 2, Module 11, p. 183
Your organization is facing a significant budget shortfall, and in addition to cuts in office supplies and the travel budget, your department must eliminate one position. Though you can make a case for keeping everyone in the department you have no choice, and the only position that seems possible to cut is Robin’s, the department secretary.
Now, you must announce this decision via memo to the department. Robin is popular and has worked with the company for many years. There’s more: once Robin’s position is eliminated there will be more work for the rest of the staff to complete on their own.
- Think about the emotional impact losing a colleague can have on the department. What can you do to soften the blow? What fears might people have about their own job security?
- Care must be taken to avoid the impression that Robin is being let go for any other reason than the budget. Keep in mind, however, that confidentiality issues may affect what you can say.
- You like Robin and regret having to eliminate the budget. Would it be wise, though, to criticize the company or appear irritated by the decision?
- Be sure to avoid negative messaging and emphasize positive messaging. Pay particular attention to LO 11-4 on sharing bad news with peers and subordinates as well as LO 11-5 on layoffs.
4. Evaluating Sources
One of the responsibilities often associated with management is the gathering of career-specific information on resources or professional development. Familiarity with professional sources shows you have interest in your field and invest time to stay current with developments and debates in your industry.
For this assignment, you will identify credible sources related to your field (PHYSICAL THERAPY). You will identify the sources using accurate APA format. Then, for each source, you will write two complete paragraphs that
- Summarize the source;
- Comment on the source’s benefits and currency.
For your sources, you should include at least
of the three following sources:
- An academic or professional source from the Keiser e-library database. Avoid single articles, too. Try to identify a database or a journal relevant to your field.
- A professional news in your field or a respected commercial site like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal. An online magazine such as Forbes or Fortune might be appropriate, depending on your field.
- An organizational site such as .org, .edu, and .gov site. Examples could include American Medical Association, the National Criminal Justice Association, the American Dairymen’s Association, and so forth.
Clue: When using sources, you want to analyze the source of the data, the numbers, and what the words mean to those who may have been surveyed. For your Final e-Portfolio you will include these sources and an introductory paragraph (250 words minimum) on your skills in researching appropriate sources and vetting them for credibility and relevance to your field.
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper