POWER POINT MUST BE 5 SLIDES TOPIC IS: DNA ATTACHED ARE RESOURCES TO HELP WITH ASSIGNMENT Forensic scientists perform the technical work of analyzing and interpreting the different types of evide
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.essayjunction.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
POWER POINT MUST BE 5 SLIDES TOPIC IS: DNA
ATTACHED ARE RESOURCES TO HELP WITH ASSIGNMENT
Forensic scientists perform the technical work of analyzing and interpreting the different types of evidence from a crime scene using scientific equipment in a laboratory to guide the investigation, allow detectives to effectively narrow their work, and ultimately hold offenders accountable.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Prior to beginning work on this discussion presentation, please review the following:
From the text:
- Chapter 5: Forensic Toxicology
- Chapter10: Blood and Other Biological Fluids
- Chapter 11: DNA Analysis
- Surrogate Testimony After Williams: A New Answer to the Question of Who May Testify Regarding the Contents of a Laboratory Report
- What Happens If Autopsy Reports Are Found Testimonial?: The Next Steps to Ensure the Admissibility of These Critical Documents in Criminal Trials
- To Analyse a Trace or Not? Evaluating the Decision-Making Process in the Criminal Investigation
- Examining the Role of Science in the Courtroom: Admissibility and Reliability of Forensic Science in the Courtroom
- Testing the Testimonial Doctrine: The impact of Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts on State-level Criminal Prosecutions an Procedure
- The e-book Forensic Science Evidence: Can the Law Keep up with Science?
- From the video Forensic Science in Action: From Crime Scene to Courtroom: Segment 6. Forensics: Examination of the Victim 03:25
You are also strongly encouraged to review the recommended sources, which may further support this discussion forum.
As an intern at a Forensic Crime Scene Response Unit (CSRU) and as part of your duties, the unit manager occasionally asks you to develop presentations. This week the local chapter of the American Bar Association has requested a presentation for their quarterly professional development luncheon. You will develop a short presentation about the evolution of and impact the scientific analysis of evidence has had on both criminal investigations and at trials. You must address admissibility issues resulting from case law such as:
Frye v. United States (1923)Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (1993)Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts (2009)Crawford v. Washington (2004)
Your presentation must address the following elements:
- Describe the history of the scientific processes used for your category of evidence.
- Describe how the science in your area has evolved.
- Explain the current standard for analysis included in this category.
- Identify any shifts in how the evidence or science is perceived.
- Explain how the results might be used in a criminal investigation.
- Explain how the results might be used at trial.
- Identify any challenges to having the evidence admitted at trial, specifically focusing on case law that has established standards for scientific analysis and admitting the evidence at trial.
Your presentation should have a minimum of five content slides (excluding cover and reference slides) and be at least three minutes long. Support your presentation with examples from this week’s required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources and properly cite any references either in the text, on bullet points, or in the notes section. You must use at least one scholarly or credible, professional resource to support your presentation. The presentation must include a cover slide, and a references slide for sources cited in the body of the presentation.
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper