Project Two Guidelines and Rubric
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Articulate the rationale for a psychological study
- Develop a research plan
Data literacy is a vital component of psychology-related careers. Having the skills to understand, dissect, and critique research studies will benefit you in this course and beyond. For this project, you will critique a research study from the list provided on a psychology-related topic that interests you. Critiques are a balanced discussion of the research study, which means you will want to focus on both the strengths of the study and the limitations or areas of possible improvement. For your critique, you will analyze each section of the research study you select.
This project builds on the skills you practiced in your Module Two and Module Four activities, as well as the Project Two Milestone assignment.
You will use your webtext writing template to complete this project. Use the research study you selected in the Project Two Milestone. For your critique, you must address the rubric criteria listed below:
Analyze the introduction section of the research study in about 50 to 100 words. Include the following in your response:
- The title of the article
- The purpose of the study
- How the article’s introductory content is relevant and how it logically leads into the study
Analyze the method section of the research study in about 250 to 350 words. Include the following in your response:
- The study’s method and design
- The study’s primary hypothesis and claim
- How the method and design aligns with the primary hypothesis to reach a strong conclusion
- How the researchers made measurements and whether they were good choices for the conceptual variables
- How the researchers obtained participants, how many participants there were, and their characteristics
- The sampling characteristics (sample size, strategy, composition, etc.) as they relate to this study
Analyze the results section of the research study in about 50 to 100 words. Include the following in your response:
- The “big idea” of the analysis (compare means, look for relationships, assess frequency, etc.)
- How the primary hypothesis was supported
- The analysis used for the primary hypothesis
Analyze the discussion section of the research study in about 150 to 200 words. Include the following in your response:
- The major findings
- The strengths and limitations described in the study
- The conclusions and whether they were supported by the method that the researchers used
- Whether the claims and inferences the researchers draw seem appropriate, given their findings
- How the study could be improved or extended in future research
- Explain how the findings of this research study could apply to your personal or professional life in about 50 to 100 words.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Research Paper CritiqueYou will use your Soomo webtext writing template to complete the project and download for submission. Your critique must be a minimum of two pages. Sources should be cited according to APA style.