There are various ways that a behavior analyst can reduce unwanted behaviors. Punishment was discussed earlier this quarter, but problem behavior can be decreased through a less aversive procedure called extinction. Extinction withholds reinforcement, rather than adding or removing a consequence. Extinction is another basic principle of behavior, and we explore it during this unit.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment:
- Write a paper explaining the concept of extinction. Be sure to explain how extinction relates to the presence or absence of reinforcement in your definition. Provide support for your explanation from your textbook.
- Present three real-world, detailed examples of how a behavior may be placed on extinction.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 1–2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages of content, in addition to the title page and references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssign before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.