hello i want you to find information about this topic only scholarly sources within 5 years and even some nice videos. Here is an example
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Topic: Teaching geriatric deaf patients how to brush their teeth
- Person with deaf in the U.S.
- 9% of the population has hearing loss
- Approximately around 500,000 people use sign language to communicate
- Most patients who are deaf avoid the Dentist due to communication issues leaving them susceptible to dental problems
- If they have a dentist nearby due to communication issues it prevents the patient from being treated.
- Ways of Communication
- Lip reading
- Sign language
- Writing on paper
- Videos with subtitles
- Maintain oral health
- Must brush your teeth and floss at least twice a day. Brush for at least 2 minutes and not aggressively. It is also recommended to use mouthwash as well.
- How to brush your teeth
- Video with subtitles on how to brush your teeth and sign language performer on video
- Video Sample starting at 17:48, URL:
Links to Scholarly Articles;
- How to communicate with them?
LEZZONI, Lisa I., et al. “Communicating About Health Care: Observations from Persons Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 140, no. 5, 2004, pp. 356–62, https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-140-5-200403020-….
2. Bergeron, F., Berland, A., Demers, D., & Gobeil, S. (2020). Contemporary Speech and Oral Language Care for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children Using Hearing Devices. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 9(2), 378. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm9020378