Whether we are watching the news or viewing social media, we hear of many disturbing stories regarding family violence and trauma. Throughout this discussion, we will explore how family violence presents within our society and social norms that perpetuate or attempt to changes these types of incidents.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe physical violence (A, C, D)
- Distinguish between the different types of physical violence (A, C, D)
- Identify rape and child molestations (A, C, D)
- Identify family violence (A, B, C, D, E)
- Differentiate between the different types of family violence (A, B, C, D, E)
- Analyze how social structures play a part in perpetuating violence (A, C, D, E)
- Compare different portrayals of violence in the media (A, B, C, D, E)
- In this discussion, you will explore family violence in at last two mediums. Review a news program, social media, advertisements, movies, and television programs for incidents of interpersonal violence.
Compare and contrast at least two examples of family violence in at least two different mediums while addressing the following:
- What types of family violence presented?
- How do societal norms impact the development of violence?
- How can sociology theories (Social Learning Theory, Stress Theory, and Exchange Theory) explain family violence?
- How does social structure influence violent actions?
- How do these violent incidents impact society?
- How can society prevent or reduce these violent situations?
- Respond to the discussion question after researching the topic. The post should be a minimum of 300 words. Your original discussion post must include two sources cited in APA Style.