To prepare for this week’s Journal, review the following video by Dr. Mate in addition to this week’s assigned Reading:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Democracynow.org. (2010, February 15th). Dr. Gabor Mate: When the body says no: Understanding the stress-disease on the stress-disease connection . Retrieved from http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/15/dr_gabor_mat…
Proceed with the week’s learning Activity by doing the following:
Part 1: Interview a person whom you know to learn about stress and coping. For the interview, ask the following two questions:
- What are your top three stressors (worries)?
- How do you cope with your stressors?
Part 2: Complete the following in 1–2 pages:
- Summarize your interviewee’s responses to the two questions.
- Refer directly to the textbook or another credible source and discuss the effects a person’s response to a stressor and method of coping can have on his or her mental health.
- Explain how the interviewee or an individual can learn to cope with stressors in a healthy manner that may lead to more positive effects.
Please follow the directions and watch the video as it says to in the directions the book that you can find online as well that we use in class is Barlow, D. H., & Durand, V. M. (2013). Essentials of Abnormal Psychology 6th ed. Mason, OH: Thomson Wadsworth.