Week 4 – DiscussionNo unread replies.No replies. Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.essayjunction.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 4 – DiscussionNo unread replies.No replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Joint Commission Standards and Processes
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read chapter 7 from the course text. Additionally, you will use the following resources:
The Joint Commission E-dition Standards Manual, located in the UAGC Library
- Written directions for accessing the Joint Commission E-dition standards manual (Links to an external site.)
- Video directions for accessing the Joint Commission E-dition standards manual (Links to an external site.)
The Joint Commission The Source, located in the UAGC Library
- Written directions for accessing the Joint Commission The Source (Links to an external site.)
- Video directions for accessing the Joint Commission The Source (Links to an external site.)
- Interpreting Joint Commission standards: FAQs (Links to an external site.)
- Joint Commission Resources (Links to an external site.)
Health care providers are often accredited by an external body. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provide an updated list of approved accrediting organizations. For this discussion, we are focusing on the acute care hospital. Below are fourteen of the categories in The Joint Commission E-dition Standards Manual and accreditation process topics. The topics for this discussion are assigned by students’ last names. See the chart below for your assigned topic.
Topics Student Assignment Based upon Last NameEnvironment of Care (EC)
Human Resources (HR) Student last name begins with C ( my last name is Carter)
Note: The (*) indicates measures found under Accreditation Processes
For your assigned topic, access The Joint Commission E-dition Standards Manual and The Joint Commission’s publication The Source. To access this information, follow the steps below. If you prefer, there are written directions with screenshots or videos of the steps to reach both in the UAGC Library linked above.
From the homepage of the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, click on Find Articles & More in the purple bar near the top of the page. Next, take the following steps:
- Click on Databases by Subject
- Click on Health & Medicine
- Click on Joint Commission E-dition for the Standards Manual. Review the standard assigned to you.
- Next, go back to Health & Medicine in the UAGC Library. Then click on Joint Commission: The Source link located just below the Joint Commission E-dition link. Do not access The Source via the Joint Commission E-dition link or it will ask you to pay a fee.
To select two articles, do one of the following:
- Select two journal articles from The Source that were published within the past 5-8 years pertaining to your assigned topic. Please use The Source tip sheet (Links to an external site.) for guidance to find what you need through The Source.
- Select two journal articles from either Google Scholar or the University of Arizona Global Campus Library Databases.
In your initial post, identify the assigned topic at the top of your post and summarize the assigned standard. Once you have located two articles that address your standard, you will create the following for each article, which means you will have two outlines with the following information in your initial post:
- Provide the title and author(s) of the article.
- Summarize the content of the article.
- Discuss how the information from the article applies to the standard requirements.
- Discuss why the standard is important to health care.
- Discuss any best practices identified in the article.
- Discuss at least one new concept that you learned from the article.
Initial Post: Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Cite and reference your two articles in APA format as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.).
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper